Essential Oils, Herbs, Gemstones and Reflexology for Allergies and Hay Fever.
An allergic response is a defence against infection where there is no danger; an over-reaction by the body's defence mechanisms to certain food, clothing, pollen and other materials.
An allergy can manifest itself as asthma, eczema, hyperactivity, fatigue, itching, runny nose, sneezing, headaches, lumps and bumps.
Hay fever is a relatively mild, although very uncomfortable, form of allergic reaction. Treatment of hay fever should begin at least half a year before the onset of allergy season.
Mild to moderate allergic reactions may manifest in a variety of ways, from mild headaches or digestive disturbances, to itchy, blotchy skin rashes. Severe allergic reactions, called anaphylactic shock cause swelling of the airways. In very severe cases, the airway can become completely blocked, causing respiratory arrest.
Essential Oils as Massage for Allergies:
Top Notes: basil, eucalyptus, lemon, thyme
Middle Notes: chamomile, geranium, hyssop, melissa
Base Notes: benzoin, frankincense, immortelle
Caution: do not use sunflower or sesame oils as carrier oils for people with nut allergies.
Essential Oils for Hay Fever:
Put 1 drop each of chamomile and lemon essential oil on to a tissue and inhale.
Add the following combination to baths:
- 2 drops – chamomile
- 2 drops – lemon
- 1 drop – lavender
Massage the neck, chest and back with:
- 2 drops – chamomile
- 1 drop – geranium
- 1 drop – lemon
- Diluted in 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
Other oils that can be used: peppermint, clove, rosemary
- Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) and Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) contain natural antihistamines, which help reduce inflammation in acute allergies.
- Powdered ginkgo leaf (Ginkgo biloba) – to inhibit allergic responses, such as hay fever; take one size 00 capsule filled with powdered ginkgo leaf daily, as required.
Reflexology areas to emphasize:
- Adrenal glands: for inflammation - the body's defences are misconstruing certain materials
- Reproductive glands: helpful in an allergic reaction because of their ties with the endocrine system
- Pituitary gland: these hormones govern the endocrine glands
For more specific information, see entries on: asthma, bronchitis, eczema, hives, migraine.
Hayfever+Sinus Tincture, 100mL Herbal Remedies Orange Naturals
Allergy Relief Tincture, 100mL Herbal Remedies Orange Naturals
Seasonal Allergies for Kids Homeopathic, 100mL Homeopathics Orange Naturals
Seasonal Allergies Homeopathic, 100mL Homeopathics Orange Naturals
© 2008-2018 aromaworx.ca. All rights reserved.