Breasts can be considered part of the lymphatic system, because lymph nodes are spread throughout the breast area. The lymphatic nodes drain the fat portion of the milk during lactation. Plugged lymph nodes are responsible for the majority of breast lumps detected. The most common cause of breast lumps is fibro-cystic breast disease. One or more fluid-filled masses form as cysts, causing recurrent flare-ups of tender lumps on one or both breasts, especially before menstruation. These lumps are moveable, and fluctuate in size during the menstrual cycle. It commonly occurs in women between the ages of 30 and 50. Cancerous tissue is typically painless, immovable and does not grow smaller.
Other possible signs of breast cancer are changes in skin colour or nipple shape.
Signs of Breast Cancer:
Breast cancer should be ruled out by a professional diagnosis.
Abnormality on a mammogram; breast lump or thickening; dimpling or skin irritation; distortion or change in breast size; nipple pain; scaling, or retraction.
Recommended Essential Oils: angelica root, grapefruit, juniper berry, lime, nutmeg
Lymphatic Drainage Blends:
- To detoxify the body’s systems (esp. lymphatic and kidneys):
- 4 drops grapefruit
- 4 drops juniper berry
- 2 drops angelica root
- Blend into 20 ml (4 tsp) carrier oil and apply the blend to the affected areas
To Lessen Cellulite and assist Lymphatic Drainage:
- 2 drops lime
- 4 drops juniper berry
- 4 drops nutmeg
- Blend into 20 ml (4 tsp) carrier oil and apply to the affected areas
- Avoid wearing underwire bras
- Stopping coffee, tea, chocolate and colas - all high in caffeine - is often enough to change the fibrous breast conditions of many women
- Eat a diet low in saturated fats, avoid milk products, and switch to either vegetarianism or organic meats and poultry
- A tea of one ounce red clover and one ounce blue violet leaf to a pint of water will cleanse the system and dissolve most breast lumps (and uterine or ovarian fibroids). Drink a pint of this daily over several months. These can be used as tinctures also and the herbs can be eaten fresh.
- Squaw vine or black cohosh herbs are also helpful, as well as mullien, pokeroot, or witchhazel as an external poultice.
- Other suggested herbs - echinacea, goldenseal, blessed thistle, ho shou wu, pau d'arco, or pokeroot
Gemstone for Healing:
Hold to affected area
Reflexology areas to emphasize:
- Chest / breast – primary reflex area
- Lymph glands – to encourage circulation of the lymph fluid
- Pituitary gland – for any type of growth