During this time the range of oils may be extended to include tea tree and peppermint and the amount of oil increased.
1 drop dill essential oil
Diluted in 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil. Rub this gently over baby’s tummy in a circular motion. Turn baby over and do the same over middle portion of back.
- 1 drop Roman Chamomile oil with 1 teaspoon almond oil. Massage the baby’s cheek and jaw gently and also back of neck avoiding eye area.
Coughs / Colds
- 1 drop tea tree
- 1 drop lavender
Dilute in 1 teaspoon carrier oil. Pour in baby’s bath and disperse.
- 3 drops of tea tree or lavender not both in a diffusor or warmer placed under the bed or crib.
- 3 drops of each of the above diluted in 1 tablespoon olive oil and massage into chest and back.
- 1 drop lavender to 1 teaspoon baking powder, mix to a soft paste with a little water. Dab frequently on bites.
Sickness / Vomiting
- 1 drop peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place this in the baby’s crib at opposite end of head. This calms the stomach and eases digestion.
- 1 drop lavender or Roman Chamomile in 15 ml sweet almond oil or olive oil. All purpose baby oil* may be used.
All Purpose Baby Oil
- 80 ml sweet almond oil
- 20 ml olive oil
- 5 drops Roman chamomile
- 8 drops lavender
Mix in a 100 ml dark glass bottle and shake well (Use glass bottles whenever possible over plastic)
Leave for 4 days to blend
© 2008-2018 aromaworx.ca. All rights reserved.