Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: is a condition that has been compared to a long-standing flu. The least amount of physical and mental effort causes exhaustion and weakness. There are overall body aches, with joint and muscle pain. A weakened immune system allows infections, low grade fevers and swollen lymph glands. The mind and spirit are affected by the fatigue and weakness. It is further complicated by poor memory and concentration, and episodes of anxiety and depression are common. In this condition, the hypothalamus produces insufficient levels of corticotrophin-releasing hormone (CRH), and as a result, the body cannot produce enough cortisol (part of the immune system). A weakened immune system due to previous viral infections is largely responsible for chronic fatigue syndrome, and is alternately known as immune dysfunction syndrome.
Epstein-Barr Virus: the herpes virus that causes infectious mononucleosis and other lymphatic dysfunction diseases. Infectious mononucleosis is characterized by fever, sore throat, swollen lymph glands, atypical lymphocytes, an abnormal enlargement of the spleen and liver, abnormal liver function and bruising. All of these major symptoms usually disappear within two to three weeks, but for at least two more weeks, the person will feel weak and lack energy.
To support the body systems under stress - use essential oils that are effective on the immune system.
Recommended Essential Oils: cinnamon, eucalyptus, lavender, lemon, oregano, sage, tea tree, thyme
Immune Stimulant Blend
- 6 drops lavender
- 6 drops bergamot
- 2 drops tea tree
- 2 drops ravensare
- Blend into 2 oz carrier oil, and use as a general massage
Lymph Massage Blend
- 6 drops lemon
- 6 drops rosemary
- 6 drops grapefruit
- 3 drops bay (sweet)
- Blend into 2 oz carrier oil, and use as a general massage oil.
- Eat a whole foods diet of raw fruits and vegetables; whole grains and unroasted nuts and seeds – these foods provide fibre, which alleviates constipation – a factor in chronic fatigue.
- Unrefined, cold-pressed nut and seed oils and cold water fish provide essential fatty acids which help to boost the immune system.
- Drink plenty of filtered water and vegetable or fruit juices to flush out toxins
- Add sea vegetables – dulse and nori are rich in minerals, iron, calcium, potassium, iodine, magnesium; a deficiency in any of these nutrients can cause chronic fatigue
- 60% of people suffering also suffer from candida; eat plain, unsweetened yogurt to provide friendly bacteria
- Garlic and nutritional yeast are effective against intestinal parasites – another factor relating to chronic fatigue syndrome
Gemstones for Healing:
Carry or wear all.
Reflexology areas to emphasize:
- Lymphatic system – boost the immune system
- Pituitary gland – master endocrine gland
- Liver / spleen – organs affected by the virus
- Solar plexus – to comfort mind and spirit