Essential Oils, Self Help, Herbs, Gemstones and Reflexology for High Cholesterol
Cholesterol is a crystalline fatty alcohol, especially found in animal fats, blood, nerve tissue and bile. Small amounts of cholesterol are essential for maintaining nerve cells and for synthesizing natural hormones. You do not need to eat cholesterol-rich foods such as fatty meats and dairy products in order to have your daily quota of this substance. Your liver can utilize other foods to manufacture all the cholesterol your body needs.
Cholesterol has been divided into two types: LDL (low density lipoprotein) and HDL (high density lipoprotein). LDL has been labeled as “bad cholesterol”, while HDL is considered “good cholesterol”. Cholesterol levels are a combined measurement of both LDL and HDL, and should fall under 190 units.
High cholesterol levels in blood have been linked to heart attacks and strokes. In most cases, elevated cholesterol levels in the blood are from diet and lifestyle, however, this tendency can also be from a genetic pre-disposition.
Elevations in cholesterol levels may be the result of low thyroid function.
- To lower cholesterol, eat foods high in fibre, such as whole grains, (oats, barley, millet, and quinoa) beans, steamed vegetables and salads
- Use apple pectin or citrus pectin, which binds to plaque and fat and pulls it out of the body
- Use lecithin on soups, in vegetable juice, or on salads to help cleanse plaque and lower cholesterol levels
- Eat beets or take beet tablets. Beets help cleanse the liver and gallbladder
- Eat raw grated beets and steamed beets and drink raw vegetable juice, such as carrot, celery, parsley, beet and ginger. Carrot juice flushes fat from the bile in the liver and helps control cholesterol, and ginger improves circulation
- Note: cholesterol-lowering drugs are toxic to the liver and are extremely carcinogenic
- Niacin has demonstrated better overall results than cholesterol-lowering agents in reducing the risk of coronary heart disease
- Caution: sustained-release niacin should not be used due to greater toxicity to the liver
- Limeblossom tea – clears cholesterol from the arteries
- Garlic – take 1 size 00 capsule filled with garlic powder or 1 tsp garlic tincture in a little water, twice daily.
- Tincture: 200g (7 oz) peeled garlic cloves in 1 litre (2 pints) vodka-water mix.
Gemstones for Healing:
- Yellow Fluorite
Carry or wear
If you appreciate the information provided,
please help keep this website running. Blessings!
© 2008-2022 aromaworx.ca. All rights reserved.